Congratulations, your CV got you that interview, now you need to effectively sell yourself to the prospective employer. Use our guidelines to really get ahead of the game!
Preparation for the interview• Do some self-evaluation
• Develop a clear understanding of your education and experience
• Identify your skills and abilities and interests. Assess yourself in such terms as intelligence, creativity, leadership qualities, communication skills, interpersonal skills, technical skills, etc
• Be prepared to give examples that will bring these qualities to light
• Analyze your strengths, weaknesses, personal aspirations, work values, attitude and expectations
• Research the job and the organization
• Learn as much as you can about the nature of the job and the company itself - size, products, structure, sales, funding source etc. Check out their company website if you can.
• THE INTERVIEW ITSELF
• Familiarize yourself with the typical questions.
• Be sure you answer the question. If the question isn't clear, ask for clarification. Take the time to think about your answer.
• When practical, elaborate on your responses.
• Don't hesitate to be the initiator. Introduce information you think is important. Don't be afraid to ask pertinent questions relating to the position and the organization.
• Consistently emphasize your positive, strong points